EPIC How-To: Sandbag Thrusters with Sprints
The next challenge we want to break down for you from the ELITE Course is the brand new Sandbag Thruster + Sprint challenge. Our friends Coach Ron and Coach Ryan over at Crossfit Hard Boiled in El Cajon, CA show you the correct sequencing and technique we’ll expect to see at EPIC Series San Diego on December 17th.
The weights and reps for the sandbags will vary depending on which division you sign up for.
- Men’s Elite Strength Division: Approx. 125 lbs. at 5 reps
- Women’s Elite Strength Division: Approx. 95 lbs. at 5 reps
- Men’s Elite Endurance Division: Approx. 95 lbs. at 10 reps
- Women’s Elite Endurance Division: Approx 75 lbs. at 10 reps
- Pick up sandbag
- Sprint to the cone, holding the sandbag in any position
- Perform prescribed number of reps based on gender/division (SET 1)
- Sprint back to where you started, holding the sandbag in any position
- Perform prescribed number of reps based on gender/division (SET 2)
- Drop sandbag and continue on with the course
**Note: Throwing sandbag on the ground prior to performing Thruster reps (as shown in the video) is optional.
- Squats: Femur must be AT LEAST parallel to the floor
- Overhead Press: Full arm and hip extension
Crossfit Hard Boiled: Website
172 East Main Street, El Cajon, CA 92020